THE MAGELLAN GROUP consists of various selected manufactures known for quality, dependability, and specialized manufacturing.
The Magellan Group is:
- A Vertically-Integrated facility
- FSC® Certified
- 35 Years of Wood Product Experience
- Outstanding Customer Support Staff
- Experienced in Retail-Ready Product Development
- Leader in Quality Wood Products
Forest Products Purchasing Policy
The Magellan Group, Ltd is committed to the responsible purchasing of forest products. Our long-term intention is that all timber used in products that we purchase or specify is sourced from well-managed forests that have been certified to the FSC® certification standards and/or are from post-consumer recycled materials.
This commitment will be realized through a stepwise approach to responsible purchasing that uses the best available techniques and information. The Magellan Group, Ltd will not source products containing timber, fiber and other raw materials if the following apply:
- The source forest is known or suspected of containing high conservation values, except where the forest is certified or in progress to certification under a credible certification system or the forest manager can otherwise demonstrate that the forest and/or surrounding landscape is managed to ensure those values are maintained.
- The source forest is being actively converted from natural forest to a plantation or other land use, unless the conversion is justified on grounds of net social and environmental gain, including the enhancement of high conservation values in the surrounding landscape.
- The material was illegally harvested or traded.
- The material was traded in a way that drives violent armed conflict or threatens national or regional stability (i.e. what is commonly called conflict timber).
- The harvesting or processing entity, or a related political or military regime, is violating human rights.
- The material is sourced from genetically modified trees.
- The source forest is unknown.
To ensure that these goals are achieved, The Magellan Group, Ltd will:
- Scrutinize all suppliers of forest products for all purchases of goods for resale, not for resale and in all new construction activities.
- Seek information on the source of the wood, fiber or other forest materials in the products we harvest and the circumstances under which they were harvested.
- Seek information on the chain of custody of the forest products we purchase, including the circumstances under which they were manufactured and traded. Evaluate chain-of-custody information against this policy and supporting operational procedures.
- Continually improve the level of compliance with these policies, using annual reviews, reports and actions agreed upon with our suppliers.
- Work with and encourage suppliers and forest sources that are actively engaged in a process of time-bound, transparent, stepwise commitment to credible certification (such as WWF's Global Forest & Trade Network participants in producer countries).
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure that best practice is followed.
- Set annual, publicly communicated targets regarding our performance.
- Maximize the use of post-consumer recycled timber.